《后妈茶话会》
灰:Ever since I was a girl my own mother vowed
从我小时候起,我母亲就告诉我
I must find the way to power through a noble brow
我必须借助权贵爬上权利顶端
I married once for love then my senses came
我为了爱情结过一次婚,但我很快就意识到
I must marry for the stature of my husband's name
我必须得嫁给有权利有地位的男人
Onto marrige number two
再婚之后
I knew what I had to do
我很清楚我该做什么
and my poor husband fell ill in a year or two
我那可怜的丈夫一两年内就病逝了
solved problem number one,now to problenm number two
第一个问题解决了,接下来就轮到第二个了
His deo-eyed littlle girl with gentle point of biew
便是他那个天真又善良的小女儿
Would I ship her off to school?
我要把她送去学校吗?
No!I toud her if she stayed that she'd have to earn her keep
才不!我告诉她想留下来就必须有所付出
and so she became the maid!
就这样她成了家里的女仆!
绿姐:She was lazy!
她是个懒骨头!
红姐:She was Crazy!
她是个疯婆子!
绿姐:She was talking to the mice!
她还和老鼠聊天!
灰妈:She was hopelessly naive,so she had to pay the price.
她幼稚得无药可救,必须得为此付出代价
I moved her to the attic out of sight and out of mind.
我让她搬去阁楼住,眼不见心不烦
I coud have thrown her out,but I'm benevolent and kind.
我本可以把她踹出去,但谁让我是个慈爱宽容的人
二姐:Mother,your heart's too big for you!
妈妈,你的心胸是如此宽广!
灰妈:I knew what I had to do
我很清楚我该做什么
After all,difficult children will take advantage of your good nature!
毕竟,坏孩子会因为你的好脾气变本加厉!
So you lock them up
你当把他们锁起来
Throw away the key!
再把钥匙扔掉!
There's one on every family tree
每个家族都会有这样一个孩子
绿姐:Ungrateful!
忘恩负义!
红姐:Hateful!
令人恶心!
二姐:Vile too!The things she put you through!
还一肚子坏水儿!害你遭受了那么多破事!
灰妈:Break their spirit so they obey!
毁灭她们的心灵让她们乖乖听话!
Now they'll do anything you say
然后他们就会服从你的一切命令
Maybe you'd call it cruel but
也许你会觉得这会很残忍,
others would call it love
但其他人会觉得这就是爱
Tough Love!
严厉的爱!
I ask you,is it a crime to strive for perfection in all things?
让我问问你们,事事力求完美是种罪过吗?
葛朵:Oh,no,they're so cute when they're little but then they grow up and just…
噢,当然不是。孩子们小时候都很可爱,但等他们长大了...…
ruin everything!
就会把一切都毁了!
I never wanted children
我从来不想要孩子
life was better on my own
因为我一个人过得更舒心
all the screaming,nagging chilled me to the bone!
小孩的哭闹声让我打骨子里觉得难受!
But then one day I came across a flower growing free
然后有一天我发现了一朵野花
it's magic kept me young,so i kept it all for me!
它的魔力能让我永葆青春,于是我将它占为己有!
But someone dug it up now a baby held the power
但后来有人挖走了它,接着一个婴儿拥有了那股魔力
so I \"borrowed\"her and locked her up and hid her in a tower!
所以我“借”走了他,并把她藏在高塔里关了起来!
Years went by,OH!the sacrifice
这么多年里,我做了多少的牺牲啊!
And against my better judgment,I fed her once or twice.
尽管不怎么情愿,我还照顾了她一两次
Teenagers now I know why wild eat their young!
青少年啊!我现在明白为什么野兽会吃掉他们的幼崽了!
But that's messy
但是那太麻烦了
Manipulatin's easily more fun
操控他们更容易获得乐趣
A little guilt,a lot of force,of course you have to lie
一点罪恶感,大量的强迫,当然你还得撒点小谎!
remind them that without you,they'd shrivel up and die!
提醒他们没有你他们根本活不下去!
They only have themselves to blame!
他们只能怪罪自己!
If you'd been there, you'd do the same
如果你当时在场,你也会作同样反应!
So work them hard'til they fall in line!
使劲使唤他们直到他们乖乖听话
There's one way and it's only mine!
一切都只能按照我的方式来!
白妈:Children are lazy!
小孩们太懒!
灰妈:Spoiled too!
也被宠坏了
三妈:But we konw what to do!
但是我们知道我们该怎么做
白妈:Govern them with a heart of stone
以铁石心肠来管理他们!
灰妈:Lock them up so they're all alone!
把他们锁起来孤立他们!
葛朵:Maybe you'd call it cruel but,
也许你觉得这会很残忍
三妈:others would call it love,tough love!
但其他人会将其称之为爱,严厉的爱!
Ugh!Her own tower with a water view
诶,她可是有属于自己的独立河景小高塔
and she runs away the first chance she gets!
但她还是一有机会就逃走了!
白妈:These wretched brats think the world owes them something
这些卑鄙的小鬼总觉得这世界欠了他们什么
But it doesn't
但并非如此
Far and wide I rule the kingdom with a heavy hand
在一个遥远的地方,我曾以铁血手段统治者王国
but there was more I had in mind a greater plan!
但这还不够,我有个更伟大的计划!
I never cared to share,so The King would have to fall
我从来不想分享,所以国王必须下台
But his child blocked the way to me and \"Fairest of them all\"
但他的孩子挡了我的路,还成了“世界上最美丽的人”!
She was chubby.She was dumb
她又胖又蠢
and grotesquely optimistic
还异常乐观
She needed structure in her life!She wasn't realistic
她的人生需要规矩,因为她一点都不现实!
I gave her chores and took away the things that she'd enjoy
我扔给她一大堆家务,夺走了她一喜爱的一切
but then I caught her singing songs with birds and then a boy!
随后却抓到她与一群鸟唱歌,接着还来了个男孩!
Love?!Was I just sit by and wait?!
真爱降临?难道我要坐以待毙吗?!
for her to take my crown? NO!
等着她来抢走我的王位?不!
she hand sealed her fate!
她已经决定了自己的命运!
She hand to go,and so she did and you know what they say
我除掉了她,因为她必须消失。你知道有句话是这么说的:
\"An appke once a day keeps your enemies away\"
“一天一苹果,敌人远离我”
Don't be fooled by their tender smile!
别被小孩们的和善笑容骗了!
三妈:give an inch and they'll run a mile!
他们是会得寸进尺的!
Our ider of a happy home
只有我们自己生活的地方
Is one where we live all alone!
才是我们所认为的快乐之家
Dark,Depressing,Desolate!
黑暗,压抑,且凄凉!
Now let's all drink to that!
让我们为此干杯!
二姐:call us \"wicked\" and call us \"mean\"
尽管说我们“邪恶”,尽管说我们“卑鄙”
灰妈:\"Cruel\" and everything in between
还能再加上残忍以及一切的批评!
葛朵:You could say it's unjust
你可以说这是不公平的!
白妈:Turning their dreams to dust!
把他们的梦想蹍为齑粉
三妈:This is what we call love
但这就是我们所称作的的爱
Tough Love!
严厉的爱
因篇幅问题不能全部显示,请点此查看更多更全内容